Curious about ovulation??

I've been nursing my son for a year and a half and still haven't gotten my period. I thought I was ovulating a few months ago because I couldn't keep my hands off my husband lol. I've NEVER been so horny in my life so I was sure I was ovulating, but I never got my period and I'm not pregnant. So I'm curious...if one ovulates doesn't it have to lead to a period or a pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• They can sometimes be broken down or reabsorbed also if they are not impregnated. They kind of have an expiration date once they are released from your ovary. The period thing seems a little off, it usually comes back within six months of delivery, even with breast feeding. I would get a checkup with the OB/GYN just to make sure everything is ok.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• OP here- Huh...that's interesting. I swore they came out in a period.
    Anonymous

• They're teeny. they just come out in your regular discharge.
    Anonymous

• OP here- so does the egg just evaporate then? I knew that ones period is the uterine lining, but I'm really curious about where the egg goes.
    Anonymous

• I just learned the other day that the bleeding is your uterine lining, not the egg
    Anonymous

• OP here- Seems funny to me that one can ovulate without getting a period or end up getting pregnant...I mean where does the egg go lol? Thanks for the girly check up suggestion...I just might have to do that.
    Anonymous

• you can ovulate and not get a period for a while but if your son is not nursing every four hours or so its kinda unusual you havent gotten it back... go get the girly check up to make sure its all ok inside there LOL
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009