• In the Spotlight:

Sooooo sick of being pregnant

I am at about 24 weeks and so sick of being pregnant! Dealing with inlaws back pains, and intense heartburn and stretch marks!
I know I am not alone in this (thanks to many women telling me how much worse it will get--not helpful) but just really needed to vent.

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it'll all be over soon. and you'll have that precious baby in your arms and you'll realize how worth the heartburn and backpains were. that's how i was :)
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 9:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Damn straight dude! I'm 26 weeks on monday and i just got a UTI! My stretch marks are huge and my heartburn kills.
    I know what you're talking about. People saying its gonna get worse takes away my confidence. I think we will be ok though. Over half way right :D
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I know what you mean!!! I'm 36 weeks...and yes, it does get worse, but it goes by so fast! I can't believe that I've only got a month left!!! Plus, the outcome is pretty cool, or so I've heard :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks and I feel your pain.. Soooo ready for this baby. I walked 3 miles today trying to get something started but so far nothing.
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 9:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Up until now, everything has been generally breezy. I'm 33 weeks now, and i have this tightening in my pelvis area, because she's starting to lower. If I sit leaned to one side for too long, it's a bitch to get up. The nerves in my back are always pinching [though that may be a family trait, though I doubt sciatica kicks in before 20, unless ta-daaa- pregnant!] and I just generally feel bloated. all. The time. Lol, and best of them all: if I'm leaning backward or laying flat on my back, I have to do some side to side rolling before I can get up. Like a turtle stuck on his back. Fun =]
    AutumnAwe

Answer by AutumnAwe at 9:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Right now I've got what I've dubbed "The 6 Week Blues." With every one of my pregnancies I do ok until 6 weeks before the due date. Then I have an emotional downturn and feel I just can't take it anymore. The baby is pushing up against my ribcage, making it difficult to find a comfortable way to sleep. Plus, because of my blood pressure, I've been put on mostly bedrest (not total yet).
    There are a lot of discomforts in pregnancy, but there are some wonderful things too--especially the little miracle that comes at the end! :) Don't worry, dilemma--you're gonna be all right. As my mother used to say, "This too shall pass."
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 9:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I'm only 16 weeks and am sick of being pregnant already. It seems like October is SO FAR away! I hit my 2nd trimester like two weeks ago, and the nausea has not let up, at all.

BUT, there's a song by Darius Rucker called "It won't be like this for long" and every time I hear it I cry. I know that someday, when my child is older and shit is getting rough that I'm going to wish I could go back and be pregnant again. Pregnancy is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, as I'm sure you agree, but don't wish it away. It won't be like this for long :o)
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009