Calling all Democratic Socialists and Communists...

Can you please help me out with research for my thesis. I am very intrigued to know what exactly formed your beliefs.

For example, was it your education; parents/other person; or religion that encouraged you to be a Democratic Socialist or Communist? To make your answer as clear as possible, please answer the following:

1) Specifiy if you are a Democratic Socialist or Communist?
2) Influence - if education, please state public if you attended public school; if person, please state relationship to you or name of person if a notable figure.
3) What is your religion
3) What country did you receive your education in?

Thank you!

P.S. All is welcome - I do not attack anyone for posting annonymously or by name!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well this is a loaded question isn't it.
    Anonymous

• Are you comparing or contrasting the three?
    Anonymous

• I am a Communist
    Nothing influenced my decision, I think for myself thank you.
    I do not believe in God or religion.
    I received my education in the U.S.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• and your point is?
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 9:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You are writing a thesis and your P. S. reads "All is welcomed." and not all are welcomed?
    Anonymous

• I am a Democratic Socialist.

I grew up in a politically liberal family. My parents are very right leaning although I doubt they would ever publicly call themselves socialists. When I was in college, I got involved in the Socialist group on campus, later to find out they were really more Communist. During this most resent Presidential election, I realized that I am further right leaning than the majority of the Democratic Party and went in search of another answer. I found it in the Democratic Socialists of America (DSM). I read the platform of the DSM and it stated almost word for word what I felt this country should strive to become.

I went to public school and I wasn't inspired by one particular person.  I am an atheist.  I was born, raised and educated in the United States.

Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 10:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Most Democrats are not socialists just as most Republicans are not facists. Your question is insulting.
    plainsmom71

Answer by plainsmom71 at 4:02 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• To plainsmom71

I am the OP and you read my question wrong - I stated DEMOCRATIC not Democrat. I've noted CM members calling themselves "Democratic Socialists", NOT Democrat Socialists (or Socialist Democrats for that matter).

You can do a search on the term youself and you'll see what they are referring to.

My intention is not to insult anyone, just to seek information and gain understanding to aid in my research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Isnt "Democratic Socialist" an oxymoron?
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 8:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Each and every one of the Dems Grace? I'm mean even the ones who call themselves Democrats but don't agree with everything 100% Democratically - they all suck? I mean have you met each one individually and or are you basing your childish comment on the collective group as a whole? If you're basing your statement on the latter than can we say the same thing of you that many say about Republicans?

You really need to grow up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2009