Braxton Hicks painful?

I'm 37 weeks and have had BHs before and they weren't painful...the last 2 nights I've been having what I think are BHs but they hurt! They are coming randomly so I don't think I'm in labor, but is it normal for these contractions to hurt at this point? I can tell the baby is a lot lower now than she was a week ago...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's normal. but if they get constant it could be a sign of labor.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 9:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• BH hurt me pretty bad. But they are only in the front . Trust me you will know when the real ones start. They start in your back .. come around your side and down the front. Good luck !!!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i had pain with mine
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The only time my BH hurt was during the week I had my baby...so possibly your baby will be here soon :)
    Bella05

Answer by Bella05 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had a good two months of BH the first round... just the tightening which was uncomfortable, but bearable. And especially after sex! The more sex we had, the more BH I had- and they would go on for a long time after sex was over.

Round two, I had no sex (he was deployed :) ) and the BH's only lasted a few days... maybe two weeks TOPS from the VERY FIRST to the last. The more kids you have, the faster the labor tends to be so the pre-labor signs don't last nearly as long. Be aware of that!! If your pain is so bad you can't stand up or talk, call your Triage Nurse, or the Doc. Otherwise I'd mention it at your next appt and see what Doc thinks :)
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 10:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Make sure you're drinking enough water, but this is a good sign that labor is coming soon...
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2009