How much should I offer...

Sorry, this may or may not be the right category.
I'm using a vacation property of a close friend. How much should I offer to pay? It would normally cost $170+ to stay close by the propery. And we're only using 2-3 days. He didn't give a price, but I want to offer something. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• $100 a night. If he really wanted you to pay he would have asked. It's to his benefit to get a little cash. You might stay elsewhere if he hadn't offered, so paying something is nice.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the PP.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would say to him "I appreciate your offer and want to make our staying here a pleasant experience for all of us. How much compensation would you find adequate?" if he says "Don't worry about it" then don't worry about it but send him a nice card with a gift card to a restruraunt or something in it as a thank you. Make sure you leave the house in better condition than you found it in also to make sure that he invites you back next time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2009