back labor?

does ur stomach still contract... what if i just have a sharp pain in my spine and across the top od my butt.. and lower

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my back labor was inTENSE, my contractions never came down it was like one LONNNGGG contraction constant pain in my lower back sides stomach lower stomach and thighs....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You'll still HAVE stomach contractions... but if you're having back labor I garuntee you won't feel them. Your back will feel like your lower spine is about to climb out of your skin and catch the first bus out of town! It hurts somethin terrible!!!

Lower back pain is normal durinig the third tri because the baby is kickin and messin around down there (esp when it drops). It doesn't always indicate labor, however if it comes and goes similar to contractions, you may want to call the triage nurse and ask her about it.
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 10:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well it's not your stomach that's contracting at all. It's your uterus. When you have back labor it's not that your not contracting in a normal place...it's that you are just feeling it in your back.

Most of the time this is caused by the baby facing up instead of down. There are ways to get your baby to turn around so that you will feel normal contractions.

Check out www.spinningbabies.com
    Anonymous

• Yes, you still get some in your stomach area (uterus), but you feel most of it in your lower back. I can still feel it now! It is generally when the baby is facing up (like the PP said). The shower and the ball were my best friends during my back labor. It felt to me like when I get menstrual cramps in my back, just WAY more intense. It's also more painful than regular labor. Yay. Sharp pain in your spine is probably not back labor. More like a dull achiness.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2009