Anyone else willing to admit they'd like to strangle their mother-in-law?

Forgive me for posting anon. but I'm sure you understand. I never seemed to mind her before the baby was born but now I can barely stand to be in the same room with her. If I hear her call the baby "precious" one more time I might just hurt someone, mainly her! It's not even that she's obnoxious or anything, in fact she's a very nice woman. The fact is she holds the baby from the moment she walks into my house til she leaves. She waits until the baby is in hyterics before she`ll pass her to me. I`ve had to ask her repeadedly to pass me the baby, it`s like the woman has selective hearing. Worst of all are the newly found dreaded, `pop-ins`! That is a faux pas in my house, I hate people who don`t call ahead, especially when your on a newborns schedule! Anyone feeling guilty but hating their mom-in-laws

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Set the boundaries when it comes to them coming over without notice. Otherwise, I think you need to take a chill pill. If she abides by your rules by calling or making plans, hand the kid over so she can enjoy her grandchild and you go take some time for yourself, you'll be happy you did in the long run.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• haha...yep, i was soo excited the armyu PCS's us out 6 weeks after ds was born, and was preggo and had my dd while living away...the in-laws didn't see her until she was 4 months, and that's only because dh was deploying and wanted to say bye to the rest of the fam...join the club!
    Anonymous

• Wow! lol. I think I posted a question just like this when I first had my daughter!! She is now almost 11 months old. I still want to strangle my mother-in-law! It is crazy, I really liked being around her before we had our daughter and after we had her she is just so annoying and all over! Anytime our daughter makes a tiny little whine, she runs over and is like omg! are you ok? Poooooor baby! Drives me nuts! My situation wasn't as bad as yours though. My MIL couldn't just drop-in. She would just see our daughter when they visited sometimes or when we went back home, since we lived about 2 hours away. My hubby is deployed right now and I'm livin back home with my parents and I see his ALL the time.

I guess all I can say is hang in there. I am tryin to! lol
    Anonymous

• My boyfriend's mother is a total psycho and compulsive liar. She lives for drama. As soon as she heard I was pregnant, she became the dreaded mil. Nosey as hell, opinionated, meddling, etc.

She told my bf that he probably wasn't the baby's father (have had been together for 4 years at that point and I've never cheated on him)

She said the name we picked out (Victoria) sounded like a name for a cow!! (She was just mad because we didn'include her in the decision making process)

She said NO ONE was going to buy us anything from our baby registry (that really hurt my feelings...we had just found out we were having a girl, and we were on our way to baby r us to do the registry...my bf called her from te car and she didn't know she was on speaker phone, and that I heard everything she said!)

She told my bf that as soon as the baby was born, I was going to keep him from seeing the baby. She even offered to hire a lawyer.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• (cont).

She wasn't allowed in the room while I was laboring or delivering, which pissed her off. She didn't even ask to hold the baby after it was born. She came in the room for five minutes then left in a pissy mood.

She also tried to do the "hold the baby for the entire visit" thing when we brought the baby to her house. But I was breastfeeding at the time, so she wasn't able to.

Now she won't come to my house to see the baby, and it's been over 5 months. It's HER loss.
    Fallaya

• wow Fallaya, you make my situation look like cotton candy and lollipops...thank god my mil isn`t like yours!! she`s a bloody night-mare!
    Anonymous

• I hope all the MIL's on here are reading all the posts about this subject. What a shame these women cannot or will not do what is best and be a friend and a grandma and not be too pushy or judgemental. I was lucky and had an absolutely awesome MIL and she passed away 6 yrs ago and I still miss her. She was the perfect MIL and could have been the poster lady for how to be a good MIL. And I hope all of you mean MIL's out there will wise up and stop being mean. Babies grow so fast and you will miss out on so much. So come on ladies. Pull in your horns, as my grandma used to say.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My ex-mother-in-law!!!!!!! I still want to! Shhhhhhhhhh! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Wow. I asked a question almost identical to this a few days ago! I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I wish there was a way you could divorce mother in laws without losing husbands. Seriously!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I admit it. I do I do I do. Just to the point of a black out. Not a total kill type thing.

: ]

At least I'm not going to lie.

Jess_TheMom13

Answer by Jess_TheMom13 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009