Can A.C.S. come and take me away from my mother now that i'm pregnant? and can my mom lose her job as a social worker?

i'm sixteen, which is underage and my mother works as a social worker, and she is scared for her job. i don't know what will happen to my family if she loses her job.

newmommycarly

Asked by newmommycarly at 9:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just posted an answer on this what happened?
    Anonymous

• why are you reposting this? Maybe you should have thought about your actions little miss
    Anonymous

• Why would she lose her job because your pregnant? When you have a child, you are automatically considered an adult in some states. I'm confused here.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• What is ACS? Why would your mom lose her job for you being pregnant? I don't understand can somebody explain me what one thing has to do with the other?
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I don't think that they can take you from your mother. However, I did know someone whose daughter got pregnant as a minor and told her that either the daughter would have to get married or she would be charged with neglect. Although, there is A LOT more to this story. I am sure your fine. As for your mother's job, I would like to think that your mother's job wouldn't be in jeopardy. It's not her fault you got pregnant. My suggestion is that you think these things thru a little more before going down this road again. I'm not judging you, but it sounds like you're concerned for your family, and now is a little late.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Don't get guilty trips that don't belong to you. You have enough in your plate as it is. Focus on completing your high school and try to get an even further education that is the best way you can minimize the impact of your actions in your life.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It is against the law for them to take your mother's job away. As far as can they take you away??

NOOOO!!! Unless your mother is abusing you or keeping your from getting proper nutrion and health care there is no reason for them to take you away.

Also in many states you are now legally considered an adult. Check the laws in your state.
    Anonymous

• "Maybe you should have thought about your actions little miss "

REALLY??? Grow up. It always amazes me how many un-thought through answers pop on here from people who choose to act their IQ instead of their age.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you stop judging people because you don't know what your daughter/son is going to do before it is all said and done little miss ANONYMOUS.... better be careful judging other people things have a way of coming back and biting you in the A##. ever heard of KARMA...
    Anonymous

• Really anonymous???

Go find something better to do.
    dawnjohnson5

Answer by dawnjohnson5 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009