Could her nose be broken?

My 10 1/2 month old dd is walking everywhere. She slipped walking over to my bed and hit her face on the metal bed frame. When I grabbed her up her nose turned red instantly and then was red and bruised all over and got alittle swollen and she got a little cut on her eyelid. :'( She cried hard for about 5 minutes with me trying to calm her down, feeling like the worst mother in the world. We share a room right now and she ALWAYS walks back and forth from my bed to her toy bin and she just happened to slip and hit the worst thing in the room. Anyways...that was 2 days ago. Her nose never appeared to be crooked and she doesn't cry when I touch her nose at all and she seems just as happy as she always is.
I went to my mil's house today and she was saying that noses don't bruise and it might be broken.
I have no clue..It doesn't seem like it and she seems fine..What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it was broken i think she would seem to be in more pain then what you wrote. also you didnt say it bled or anything i doubt its broke but im no doctor
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 10:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• There was absolutely no blood from her nose. There was just a little bit of blood on the cut over her eye. Do you think I should make her a doctor's appointment? We have recently moved and don't have a doctor here yet.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't sound broken. Even if it is broken, there's not much they can do. If it's not bothering her than I wouldn't worry about it.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think she would have black eyes if it broke or at least darkening under eyes. IF you can touch it and she doesnt scream - it has not broke.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Thankyou everyone..very relieved! :) She didn't even cry 10 minutes after it happened when I touched it, so she is probably good I guess.
    Anonymous

• from the sounds of it, it's not broken. Yes noses do bruise, lol. I know mine is right now, thanx to my DD head butting it. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• noses don't bruise???? how did I not figure that out sometime in the last 26 years?
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 3:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yea that is what I thought! My MIL is crazy. Well its just when she said that to me it made me feel really stupid and really bad about not taking my dd to doctor right away because of her nose being bruised all over. Idk..
    Anonymous