UTI in babies???

My DD who is 10mos has had an in and out fever of 102 all week (since tuesday). She is MISERABLE and not sleeping well in any way including a diaper rash too! I was telling a friend who is a nurse and she said it may be a UTI have any of you ladies had an infant who has had one? How did you know? What made you call the doc?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 10:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pain
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• to make it even more confusing she is teething right now too! would you call the doc
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• does she sit n dirty toilets?Is she screaming for no apparent reason? They may cath her which is terrible to see or you can try and get a clean sample yourself b4 you go.to the Dr.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Is she uncomforrtable at all down there?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• she screams when i lay her down to change her and she is being really moody. she is normally the happiest baby ever (maybe im biased lol) and she doesnt sit in poopy diapers but if she goes while she is sleeping then yeah
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• so should i call you think?
    Kennadismom

• yes, yes, call! your 10 month old baby in so much discomfort, and you have to ask? Can you imagine yourself like that? would you wait?

Sometimes I don't know what to think about some of the mothers here, the first priority SHOULD be your childs health, so why is it so hard to call the Dr.?

xioma
    Madrepor2ndavez

Answer by Madrepor2ndavez at 10:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• oh hell no. I called on tuesday and they told me it was a virus and NOW im second guessing their advice. Its not like i have been sitting here like an idiot! Dont you dare try and judge me i know i am a good mother. her doc said if it doesnt go away by next week and she shows signs of dehydration or stops wetting diapers then she needs to be seen she never once mentioned that this was even a possibility so get off your high horse perfect mom
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Hell yeah, you go Kennadismom! People are so rude! Put her in her place!
    LOL. See you tomarrow!
    Andrewbrian2

Answer by Andrewbrian2 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• wow, some people on here are pretty rude questioning a mothers intention without knowing her whole story.

anyways op (good come back by the way). I know exactly what you mean. My DD just got over have a high fever for a few days. Doctors couldn't do anything at that point for her, so they sent us home, because other than motrin, to keep the fever down, there wasn't anything else we could do, (which I was already doing). Well she got over the fever, she's got two teeth coming in, and now she just caught her cousins cold. It may be a UTI, ( I have an appointment monday for DD now for the cold, and was going to have them check for that as well). So I'm right there with you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2009