Do you ever want some alone time?

Am I wrong for wanting my SO to take the baby and let me have some alone time when he comes home from being gone all week? I am a stay at home mom, my 11th month old hardly naps, i take showers with her in the bathroom, i never get to eat my whole meal... I just would like a hour or so to myself when he comes home. We have the whole weekend to spend time "together"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• hell i'm alone right now. you should be able to say something if not just walk out the door alone and take a walk.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• no thats not wrong at all. i know how it is. and my boyfriend gives me some time and takes my son on a walk or to the park. and he gets up with him in the morning sometimes so i can sleep for like an hour or two.
    Anonymous

• momy needs time 2
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i have so much alone time, i'll take your baby, if i could just for someone to take care or at least someone that cares that i'm in te room, even if it's just because they want my attention. it's not wrong at all, you should have alone time, not just a few hours, but after work, he should rest for about a hour of less and then hello baby, last i checked, you weren't the only one that made the kid, you should share the wealth of baby power.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 10:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i feel the exact same way! my SO goes to school in PA from sunday through thursday so when he comes home i always tell him i'm clocking out but then i end up feeling guilty. i think mommy's do deserve alone time though

r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Not only is it not wrong it is vital to your well-being and over all health! When he is off of work does he get to take a break? Or does he work 24/7 without any relief? I'm 100 percent sure the answer is "yes" he gets a break! Just because you became a Mom doesn't mean you are not a Woman anymore. It is very important to keep your own identity and do little things for yourself.. even if it means alone time in a bubble bath for 30 minutes a day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2009