How old dose a baby need to be before aplying sunscrean

okay my baby girl is almost 7 months old and i wanted to know how old dose she half to be before we put sunscrean on her

kstairs

Asked by kstairs at 10:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They say 6months just ready the back of baby sunscreen and it will tell you the age
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 10:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• id ask your ped. originally mine said 6 mos but when she was 4 mos she said i could use it just not a ton. Im almost positive that most docs say 6 mos though. just stay away from the face and hands especialyl if your DD still chews her hands
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• and i will just mention that even though you put sunscreen on them, they should still wear a hat to protect the tops of their heads where sunscreen doesn't cover.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 10:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I put it on my son at 1month, when we went to the zoo. It didnt say any certain age on the bottle, so I applied it, I just didnt put it on his face, I put a hat on him lol, we use banana boat baby. But the spf only lasts 80 minutes, hope this helped!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I was lucky because my son was born in October so he was about 6 months old when the summer hit. They have child approved sunscreen and even websites that help you find the right sunscreen for infants. They even have clothes for infants that have a sun screen in them. Also check out some hats for the child and keep her in the shade as much as you can.
    Momma_Halo

Answer by Momma_Halo at 10:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• 6 months. They have brands designed for babies that have just the right amount of sun protection without giving them added chemicals. Try Babies R US.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• 6 months sounds about right although I did at 5 months because it is so hot in AZ
    sam12796

Answer by sam12796 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2009