2 yr old wont eat meat.

my 2 year old wont eat meat...any ideas to get her to?
its wierd i know but.. she just wont, she is all about veggies.

Cyarasmom

Asked by Cyarasmom at 10:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• thats good she likes veggies. I would try offering her other sources of protein. nuts, dairy products, eggs, peanutbutter, soy products (tofu) and also don't stop offering meat, it may just be a phase and she may go back to it later.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Is she a tiny animal rights activist? Just kidding.

Mine barely eats meat. I give him lots of yogurt and milk (breast milk).

Anonymous

• The only thing my 2½ year old will eat is mac-n-cheese. But every once in a while if we have burgers she will try to take a bite. But that is very very rare, My 14mo will eat anything you put in front of him. Keep offering meat from time to time and maybe they will try it and like it.
    teafan

Answer by teafan at 10:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I wont worry about it at all actually. Look up substitutions for the needed protien. Beans peanut butter there is no reason for force meat.... Some kids do not like the texture. My oldest is/was one of those kids.... He prefers ground turkey to hamburger..... baked chicken no sauce.... just toy with it....
    Noahs-Mom

Answer by Noahs-Mom at 11:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My son doesn't like meat so much either. I think it might be a texture thing. He really doesn't like chicken, in any form. What I do is grind it up and add it to veggies. Beans can help get protein in. When we have turkey tacos I take the ground turkey burger and mix a little into the refried beans with cheese on top and he eats it. You can try quesadillas with ground beans, chicken, and cheese. The chicken ground should stay well hidden.
    Anonymous

• You gals are luck that your kids eats other food groups like beans and tofu or still drinks milk for that matter. My 26 month old won't eat anything but plain rice (sometimes), plain bread (also sometimes). He loves to eat chocolate and peanuts. To top that, he was on soy from 2 weeks old and later goats milk before he stopped drinking milk completely at the age of 18 months.

He is now 26 months old and weights a mere 10.4 kgs.

Someone adv me to boil chicken and to use the soup to cook rice for him to eat. At least that way, he will get something nutrients out of it.
    cjessies

Answer by cjessies at 12:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My daughter is the same exact way!!! All she wants to eat are veggies... Mac and cheese also a favorite of hers but I feared that she wasn't getting enough protein. I have successfully got her to eat meatballs when we have spaghetti. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches she always eats also. Don't worry just keep trying and maybe try making a game out of it. My little cousin didn't start to like meats until she was 4 or 5 but I'm sure it will happen when the times right for you little one!
    Trish324

Answer by Trish324 at 3:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Im glad my boy isnt the only one. He's 4 now but he has never eaten meat. He'll take a bite or 2 from us sometimes but usually he eats just veggies and pastas sometimes. Doesnt even like potatoes.
    silver1

Answer by silver1 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2009