My husband & I are new parents so I do not know if this is normal or not. But do any of you know if it is normal for your little one to LOOSE hair on her/his head...what would be into her/his normal hairline. She was born w/a good amount of hair but now it has started to thin...we are not sure whether or not to be alarmed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no do not be alarmed this is totally normal. My son was born with a full head of black hair, then it fell out and came back red then it feel out and came black white blonde and now its pale blonde. Its a very normal thing and dont be surprised if sometimes you see hair in their bed too.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• thyroid low?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yes its normal! all babies do. my son lost it mostly in the back because he always slept on his back. dont worry it will start growing normal soon
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• When the baby gets to be about 3-4 months old, or sooner his/her hair might fall out. Some of your hair might fall out too, so don't be alarmed if you see quite a bit falling out. If your baby is older than that, then it might not be normal.
    Anonymous

• No need to be alarmed this is perfectly normal! My daughter had a bunch of hair when born then all of it in the back fell out but came back in thicker then ever!
    ANJackson

Answer by ANJackson at 10:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Unless their hair is literally falling out, there is no cause for alarm. As baby's head grows, their scalp stretches. Some babies grow hair fast enough that you don't notice, but others don't. My sons both looked like they were bald from ear to ear (over the head) for a short time until that part of their scalp sprouted enough hair to cover it.

However, if you feel she's actually losing hair, don't hesitate to call her doctor for advice.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 10:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My son had a cute little peach fuzz perfectly shaped on his head and then he looked like a little old man with a receding hair line almost to the back of his head.
    It's normal. But talk to your dr about your concerns, even if you feel they are silly. A good dr will reassure your newly aquired parenting abilities.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE POSTED ANYTHING...I AM VERY NEW TO THIS. AND I AM A NEW MOMMY SO NOT MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER BUT WE WERE STARTING TO GET WORRIED. I AM A BIT RELIEVED TO KNOW THIS IS "NORMAL". THANKS, AGAIN!
    TexasMama0309

Answer by TexasMama0309 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• is it in the back of the head? If so that's pretty normal. Happened to my DD. Its because of how much they are on their backs. If that is the case, fear not, it grows back, lol. Try a little tummy time too (pending on the age, try babycenter.com for more tips).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Almost all babies loose hair, especially if they were born with alot, or by c-section. My youngest was born with dark hair, but it all fell out within the first 2 months and came back in blonde. And my 3rd was born c-section and went completely bald shortly after. Sometimes there would be alot of it in his bassinette over night.
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 1:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2009