Is it okay to attend a Christian church when you don't believe in God?

Just curious. :)

SaToJeKaBe

Asked by SaToJeKaBe at 10:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No why should you even go? Im Pagan/ wiccan and i would never attend catholic mass or a christian church. I hiss when i go in hahaha jk. no reason to go inside sorry. its boring anyways!
    Anonymous

• I don't know why it would be a problem. I was raised going to Methodist churches, and they welcomed everyone.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 10:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yes
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yep, sure is! That's how most believers start out-not believing in God. Then, they go to church and feel the holy spirit, and get saved.
    Anonymous

• I don't see any harm in it.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Why are you going?
    Anonymous

• LMAO Get saved. Holy Ghost? HAHAHA
    Anonymous

• yea i dont believe in him either and i go when i visit my MIL just out of respect of her. not bc i want to or i believe but bc my husband believes and they ask me to go.
    bare121807

Answer by bare121807 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Both me and my husband are not christains. We both work for christain companies, and I attend a catholic college.We have what some would say are christain views like on abortion and so on, we simply don't believe and follow the bible.
    Church is still nice for the commuity ascepts of it, such pinics and other get togeahters...
    Anonymous

• I think so. My husband and I dont belive in God but I still go to church on holidays. And I take my kids. I still think its ok for them to know about it and what it is about. I mostly go to be with my family like my grandmother. Even if you or others feel that its wrong. At least you go. Right? I just have isuess with people preaching at my kids or telling them that they will go to hell. So I when I go I dont tell anyone what i think.You are not hurting anyone if you go and it is not an insult to anyone. Its ok for people to want to learn about it. That doesnt mean you have to beleive.
    My husband thinks differently tho he said- Y go if you dont beleive? Thats stupid!
    Sara722

Answer by Sara722 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009