OK, need advice ASAP on health question about DH

So, my DH has been bleeding when he goes to the bathroom. It's not hemroids...it's bright red. He went to the doctor and they referred him to a GI, and he claims he went and they ran a small scope up him and found nothing. Yet, they didn't say what could have caused it or what it might be, and they don't want to run anymore test on him, but if it occurs again, to come straight in....
Well, today he went to the bathroom and everything was fine...

Here is my concern, over the last 6 months...he's lost interest in everything, he sits on the computer and plays World of Warcraft (40 hours a week plus he has a fulltime job), he's temper-mental (almost like he's bi-polar) and he gets a migraine ATLEAST once a month...

At first, I thought he was just depressed, but I just don't know...everytime I ask something he blows up in my face, he refuses to see a doctor, think these symptoms may mean something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Health

• is he taking ant herbal meds or too much medicine?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No meds
    Anonymous

• prob something he ate then! I would give him active Manuka honey to help his overall well being though and read the Hibernation Diet book!very interesting, I just ordered it from amazon.com myself and i like the idea of a honey solution to weightloss too!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I don't think the two are related. Bright red blood comes from two sources with a bowel movement, hemorrhoids or an anal fissure or tear. In rare circumstances bright red blood will be present if he has rectal or colon cancer but I presume that would have been found with the test. Bleeding from a source up higher like the intestines or stomach will be dark black or purple in color and sometimes resemble coffee grounds either being thrown up or passed in the stool. It sounds most likely like he had an anal tear which can occur from constipation or a one time passing of a large stool.
    The emotional stuff is coming from another entirely different source.
    If he has a migraine and takes alot of Motrin or Aspirin, that can cause bleeding in the stomach, which would show up very dark red with a bowel movement, or even black in color.
    Anonymous

• Don't assume he isn't on any meds, my fil always said he was never on meds and was taking almost 40 aspirin a day for arthritis pain. And then one day he fell dead on the floor from a bleeding ulcer, after being revived and hospitalized he spoke up as to what he was really taking for pain and had been quiet about his rectal bleeding that lasted over 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

• It was bright red and I saw the drizzles (almost like if you were on your period)
    Anonymous

• Does he have high blood pressure?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• make an appointment with a really good Dr. for them to figure it out. drw bl. on him?
    Anonymous

• Bright red blood usually isn't a huge concern. He probably strained too hard this isn't uncommon. Its dark red or black coffee ground looking blood that means possible serious health issues. Are you sure he even took the test?
    I doubt the two are related. He's probably depressed or bored with life. Might have some work problems he feels like he can't discuss with you or fears losing his job in our economy? If he refuses therapy its only going to make him more explosive to keep bringing it up. Instead try brightening his spirits again. Make his favorite meals and eat outside instead of inside so he can have the fresh air. Plan fun outings for the family to go on. Try to keep things happy and to keep him busy and off of the games! GL!
    Anonymous

• No high BP either...
    They don't blood work and everything came back okay
    Anonymous