After your baby is born how soon can you take them with you on a walk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As soon as you want. Keep them in the shade, out of the heat or cold, and keep bugs off of them. Enjoy your walk.

Anonymous

• Both of my kids were summer babies so it got hot in the afternoon but i loved taking them for morning walks. I started a day after they were born.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i had to wait til the first week was over due to my csection, but there are no rules when it comes to when you want to do something with your baby... so if your wee one is 5 days old, and you got the urge to go for a little stroll, go for it..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• as soon as you are ready. there's no quaranitine time or anything. just be careful of the millions of people who will want to gawk and poke at your tiny baby.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The same day you come home. Just keep her out of the sun.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• whenever your ready. just be careful of the weather n bugs
    michele101183

Answer by michele101183 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• as soon as you want. just be sure to make sure they are protected from the weather. Babies under 6 months should NOT use sunscreen, so be sure they are properly protected from the sun and heat.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• As soon as you are ready to. I would try to hold off on trips to the stores or anywhere busy for a couple of weeks to avoid baby getting sick. But as long as the temperture is ok you should be ok. Just keep baby out of the sun.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Wait two weeks before you start taking your baby on long walks. They're not born with complete immune systems. It takes them two weeks to start building one and up to a month for good protection. That's why it is always best to ask people to wait to come visit the baby until after two weeks because baby can easily get really sick from someone else and will end up in the hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I would say it definitely depends on the weather...I live in AK...20 and 30 below...so walks weren't for us when my son was first born in October. It's now about 35 to 50 above during the day..and I would take him out now no problem. But I think it's really just a mommy judgment call.
    MarkiG

Answer by MarkiG at 1:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2009