Any tips for Potty Training

My son just turned 3 in Feb. I have tried everything. Headstart begins in August. Any tips, please help!!!!!

thea242006

Asked by thea242006 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I jus quit buying diapers and set a timer and take my son to the bathroom about every hour or so. And he goes everytime. Now pooping thats a diff story
    mommy806209

Answer by mommy806209 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• This might sound weird, but for a boy put cheerios in the toilet and tell him to aim for them. He'll see it as a game and fun and eventually will be able to go without them. Also your husband/boyfriend or whatever can go to the bathroom at the same time. Stop getting diapers and get big boy underwear. He'll feel older and feel more confident. And even if he makes an accident (which I am sure he will at first) don't get mad or upset just let him know that its normal and that he can try again.
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 4:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I used a reward system for my son every time he pooped on the potty he got a dollar (he really likes having money in his wallet like dad's) and every time he would pee he got a check on a board once he got four I would give him a dollar. It worked really well except then he was peeing more than his great grandmother just to get money. First few weeks we were broke but he was potty trained.lol. Now he gets a weekly allowance as we had to trade him something but he is potty trained doing small chores and getting $3.00 a week. kid will be rich before he hits school.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009