So the sex and co-sleeping question got me to thinking...

Now this is for those who co-sleep and have sex while their kids are asleep on the other side of the bed:

This is rather personal, I know, but I was just wondering how you don't get bored with your sex life? I guess to me, it seems as though being all quiet and secretive in your own bed would be more of a turn off than anything.

I guess I gotta have more excitement, because if I did the whole co-sleep thing, I would go insane.

P.S.
If you are going to come up in here and bash women for honestly answering me with personal information, you can just go piss up a rope, chum.

Mangy_Momma

Asked by Mangy_Momma at 11:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think mine was boring. Part of it was inventing new places and ways to have sex. We also seemed to get really intense because you know, when you CAN'T make a noise then it is harder not to. Anyway, honestly it just works out.
    Anonymous

• You said it Girl. I agree with you. I also think you are cool cuz you didnt use the ANON button.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 11:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Girl I am so with you here. I can't fathom the whole cosleeping thing anyway.. How confusing to the child, not to mention, I am sure the father's aren't very satisfied either. It's totally crazy. Maybe they do it because they don't want sex??
    Anonymous

• well i don't know, see my husband has three children from a previous marriage that lasted a yr and a few months and the marriage made all the difference, becaus eit was the main reason he realized that he couldn't stay with her any longer. anywayz, we get the kids every other week end and sometimes i just want sex, lol, when they are here. the kids stay awake later then we do, because they wake up at 3 to 4 in the morning just because their mother doesn't like to deal with them when her third husband isn't there, yes, she is that kind of mother, so i spend a lot of time just trying to make up a little for what they have to go through when they are with her and not with us, but i don't baby them, anywayz, when i get in that mood, we close the door and lock it, while the kids are running around, and i guess it's because i'm more of a simple girl but i like it that way, and can't be bored even though there is silence.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 11:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• sorry i didn't have enough room, but i do think that it can get boring not from my experince but my husband's, who always wants to change positions as often as he can and sometimes the television is on, when we are having sex. but also, my parents, as desturbing as that is, have been known in their sex life to kind different ways, or sometimes places to engage in their sexual actions. i know this personally, because i've heard unwellingly from my mother's mouth since she started having sex after a long pause, that i was happy with, no just because she was not telling me these things but also becasue she was away to better herself.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 11:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If you have children that arent co sleeping that are in the other room, It seems like it would be hard to be "loud" and do all the things that you want. So technically the only time you could actually have a rowdy time in the bed would be when the kids were gone. So whom ever said that it would be too boring co sleeping, do you get rowdy and loud while your kids are in the next room???? lol just saying.
    Anonymous

• We co-sleep and this is how we manage having sex....
    Our "baby" gets put in his own bed in his room (by ours) when we first go to bed...that gives us plenty of time. After we go to sleep, our little one always comes into our room and sleeps between us, we don't mind at all. At least we have a healthy routine that works for all of us!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009