• In the Spotlight:

A question for Moms that work from home...

We are trying to figure out how I can stay home with Tater and still have some income coming in. We are thinking of moving and I would loose my parents for a sitter. My question is to those of you who work from home is, what kind of work do you do and how do you find work to do from home. I have little experience except retail and daycare. (My DH won't let me run a daycare out of our home...he works overnights)
I would love to hear from you. Feel free to answer me here or at my message board privately.
Thanks,
Stacey (Tatersmom2006)

TatersMom2006

Asked by TatersMom2006 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hi Stacey, I would love to share what I do. Wanted a home business and started researching candle companies, since this is what I love. Gold Canyon was a perfect match for me.
    With Less then a week to go, I am offering a Free Pod Warmer to those that sign up this month.

Each month GC offers a different incentive to those looking into signing up. This month you can sign up with Gold Canyon for the cost of shipping your kit, $10 . If you are interested then PM me and I can send you some information along with a tealight sample. I can also be reached via email at rmcorns@gmail.com
    Have a look at my web site to view the products. I love this company, support, incentives, web site and your customers receive a monthly e-newsletter (small cost but has paid for itself over and over), weekley newsletters from corporate (GC is based out of Chandler, AZ) to help you promote your business.
    I would love to help you get started :)
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I work from home. Im doing my own business now but i started selling AVON. Look in your heart And find something you can do that make You happy and money. I sell oils and art work now. If you need help ask i have losts off ideas
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Hi,

I just completed a series of work at home articles on eHow. You might want to check them out in my Journal here at cafemom. You can find that on my profile page.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:19 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Hi Stacey, like another poster said: You have to think about what you like, what makes YOU happy and at the same time money! For ex me, I had some health issues, then I watched a powerful documentary movie, and Then I decided what I want to do: I wanted to have optimal health and help others achieve it too, so I'm in the Health and Wellness business, and it's going great so far! I know I can trust what I'm selling and taking. So my point is, think of what will make you happy!
    promisenatalia

Answer by promisenatalia at 9:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Hey Stacey, I'm sort of in the same boat. We moved and my parents are about 1000miles too far away to babysit, so I've been stuck at home... I started looking online for a way to bring in some kind of extra income, just to feel like I was contributing, and I found two.
    First, I'm a consultant with DiamondCreek Candles. It's always free to join, and your catalog is online, which makes it a lot easier than buying 100s of catalogs and leaving them places.
    I'm also a guide for ChaCha, where I answer questions that come in to us using the internet to research the answers, and send them back to our customers via text message. This brings me in at least $100 per month.
    If you'd like more info on either of these, let me know. I'd be happy to tell you all the ins and outs, so you can decide if they're for you.
    Nicole
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Check out Magical Gift Company you really don't need experience but it can take awhile before you get a product approved. On the bright side of getting rejects you get to keep the rejected ones while you are learning. They keep sending you supplies so if it takes you a million times to get approved then it takes you a million times. I also use Cashle for extra cash alone with Sunrise Merchandise which is a drop shipper.

ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I put in less than 5-10 hours a week. Sometimes less,lol. I stay busy with family and my hobbies...so my career works perfect for me. I bring in about 3K a month.I need to push myself more though...the sky is the limit. Good luck with your seach. Please contat me if you are interested, we are legit! No scams and no bs...we have been featured on shows like The Today Show, The Tyra Show and in mags like parenting,cosmo, and vogue.
    www.bootyparlorparties.com/davialavae
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 3:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Hi Stacey,
    I do some career coaching, include job hunting and interviewing. I would be happy to help you out (no charge). Please contact me; I can help you put together a great resume, and prepare you for interview. I can help you navigate the online job boards and teach you how to build a network.
    Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Hi Stacey, I work from home for a wellness co. www.tgw247.com  would love to have you join our team.  Mary

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 10:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2009