Relationship Help

I am 21 weeks pregnant and ever since i found out my boyfriend and I fight. He will dissapear (i.e. not speak to or see me for a week like every month, and when i get mad and say things (which obv hormones are goign nuts so i say some thing i regret or they dont come out right) he gets pissed at me. Just todya he told me i put on a tough guy act and he is sick of it, and that he disappears becuase I haev been putting contstant pressure on him since i found out. All i want is to be financailly stable, to be livng together not with our parents and to have him there. What can i do to make him understand that this is hard for me and he is only making it harder without him flipping like he has been? I really need help.

kduffy

Asked by kduffy at 11:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Man girl, I went through this last year. I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after My boyfriend at the time broke up. Throughout the time I was pregnant I was really hormonal and just wanted him to be around more, be there for things. He would get so flusterated and pissed off while i'd be emotionally F***ed. I just needed him and then I ended up pushing too hard and he was gone. I wanted him to step up, I wanted him to think about the baby in his and my future. He wasn't there when I gave birth to his and my son, and wasn't there when our son died. I regret with all my life that I didn't lay off just a little bit. My advice to you is give him some space. For a man, it takes more time for the "i'm pregnant" to sink in. With all your emotions, you still should consider his. This is new to him also. Try to sit down and talk to him, REALLY talk to him. Tell him everything you are thinking and feeling and get him to do the same.
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 4:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• umm he needs a man to man talk!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i woudl ask his friends but when we fight and people bring it up it pisses him off even more and he wont talk to me for even longer
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 11:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It sounds like he really needs to grow up. It takes two to make a baby, so half of your pregnancy is from him. If he can't handle it, it's a little too late now. Maybe try couple therapy.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 11:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• just ask him why he does this and why he dosen't understand how hard this is for you explain to him what you want and that you are scared for the future of you and your family.. make him tak to you about how he is feeling and even if he has doubts try try try to just listen and understand where he is comming from, let him know you don't mean to pressure him you just want some sort of definite answer of how you guys are going to work things out. good luck sweet heart i'll be praying for you
    NOWLIN8408

Answer by NOWLIN8408 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• he would never go to couple therapy. he just idk, wont talk to me about anything, and just randomly dissapears and goes to drink and chill with his friends while i am sitting here at my parents house 5 months pregnant and going through depression and breakdowns. Not to mention i am the one with the job he works under the table
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 11:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• forget him and focus on the baby who deserves YOU! Give him no more though just prayers and then forget him again... and again... and again... these types have to figure it out from their loss.
    Anonymous

• no more thought just prayers, you have to sepatate yourself from him to survive this and it will not be a pleasant environment for the baby to live in. Save your money,get wic and call 1-800-711-safe - to get away from him and get help!
    Anonymous

• call a number?? hes not abusing me, hes just idk scared?
    and wic will not give me anythign while living at my parents becuase combined the income is too much so i have to wait until i move out.
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 11:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think these types are the hardest to have a life with Please do not marry him!
    Anonymous