Do you think it is important for children to be taught leadership skills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• yes of course. we want them to be responable and take care of not only themselves but others.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 7:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes, it is very important. It will help them succeed in everything that they do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Absolutely. A child needs to learn to be their own person and to be able to stand up for themselves and others and to lead when no one else is willing or able to.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If you don't help them learn, they will have problems as they grow up. Schools expect children to learn leadership skills. My son told me the other day that he finds it hard when he is put in the position of leader in a school activity - that shows that he is being expected to learn this and it showed me I need to work on this with him.
    If you don't know how to help your child, there are some useful parenting books, which will address this issue, along with many others. I have a couple of good ones (by Steve Biddulph, Dr. Christopher Green, also John Gray) - it's obviously time I started reading again!
    LizzieMade

Answer by LizzieMade at 6:22 AM on Apr. 30, 2009