So now that all the countries are mad at us....

for the "torture" memos that have been released. And now that everyone knows our game plan on what we will (or won't) do to people who commit atrocities on Americans, do you think those OTHER countries should (or will) release what THEY are doing to POW's?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don`t think other countries are mad about it, though naturally there is comment and criticism in the media abroad, just as there is here. After all, it has been known about for some time. What is receiving comment is generally the possible political and legal consequences in the US.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would rather torture ONE person if it can stop the slaughter of MANY innocent people.... But, maybe I've watched 24 too much to be overly sympathetic with terrorist that have plans to kill us all.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Everyone (including the US) already knows how the US should treat their prisoners, since we have ratified the Geneva Conventions. Now they are just commenting on whether we keep our word when we sign a treaty.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I though other countries were happy with us because Obama has been visiting everyone apologizing for how arrogant America is

eye rolling

but no to answer the question I do not think they should. It was rather stupid IMO of the US to do it. Now the terrorists know what they are facing, and know they can outlast it

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Now the terrorists know what they are facing, and know they can outlast it.

At least while Obama is "in charge!" When we get a STRONG (non wussified) president in office, THEN maybe we can reestablish ourselves as the strong country we once were--until, pass the bong, a coke, and smile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Enemy combatants don't fit under the Geneva Convention. When your family member or friend has his head chopped off (ie: Daniel Pearl).

Imagine this, had we not used interrogation methods as we did, we would not have found out that California was the next target after 9-11. And I wonder if all those liberal loon west coasters would have wanted to know anything possible and in anyway possible to avoid it. It appears at one time the leader liberal loon west coaster, Nancy Pelosi wanted more done.

Makes me question if Liberals have small brains and apparently in 2009, they can't remember 2001, 2002 and the fear this nation was in. And how a President AND both sides wanted whatever done possible to save this nation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• At least while Obama is "in charge!" When we get a STRONG (non wussified) president in office, THEN maybe we can reestablish ourselves as the strong country we once were--until, pass the bong, a coke, and smile.

OMG, that is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to find MORE arse to kiss!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• The person who is running this country has really made it worse for us Americans.

But, anyway thanks for voting in a inexperienced, payed off, socialist butt kisser in the White house.

Thanks ever so much!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

OMG! strong?????????? What crack are you smoking?????????
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• What countries are you talking about? I read some German ,Russian and other news-sites from Europe  newspapers and I didn't find anything what would say they are mad at U.S.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2009