Fell out of the cart

I know this is horrible and I feel horrible and I can more than guarenttee it won't happen again.
My daughter 15 months was in the cart and fell out I called the doctor right away and they said to keep an eye on her. Well she seems completely fine but I am still so worried.
Do you think I should call the doctor back tomorrow and demand the see her? I mean if shes fine there isn't much the can do for her right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's ok. I'm sure she is fine. You would most likely be able to tell by her actions if she was really hurt. Babies/toddlers are pretty resistant. It's actually quiet hard for little ones to break a bone or have serious injuries because their bodies are still quite pliable. I know you feel horrible and you will leave no room for mistake in the future. You must have skipped over the baby falling off the bed situation, that did it for me ;) Just give her lots of extra attention and loves and she'll forget all about it.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• lol, you must have skipped the baby falling off the couch, the bed, the chair...and yes, my son even fell out of the car when he was 6 months lmao. no we weren't driving, i had sat him down in the backseat for a few minutes and he tumbled to the ground..only a couple feet but still he was up and laughing not even 5 seconds later. no, your baby is just fine, unless of course she's not acting fine/normal. it's normal for toddlers to fall alot, so don't freak out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i had the same problem except my daughter fell out of the highchair on to our wooden floor. I took her straight to the emergency room. Im a worried parent and wasnt going to take no for an answer. They told me if it happens again to keep an eye out and if she is acting normal and she isnt throwing up then shes fine. The reason why they dont want you to take them in is because they wont do any cat scans if she isnt showing any signs of somehing wrong because of hte raidation and there is no other way of telling unless she is showing any type of signs.
    SRmommyoftheyr

Answer by SRmommyoftheyr at 12:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I have read so many reports of toddlers falling out of shopping carts recently. Even one where the child died. I had recently started letting my daughter ride in the basket instead of the seat. No more. I showed my daughter the warning picture on the cart and explained that it was against the rules and that mommy had to follow the rules. She accepted it fairly well.

I hope your little one is all right. The general rule about falls and head bumps is to monitor the behavior. If she has been acting fine since then, then she's probably fine.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If she's not vomitting and lethargic, she's fine. :)
    BabyMommy_3

Answer by BabyMommy_3 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2009