Granite Overlay

Has anyone heard of/tried a granite over lay for kitchen counter-tops. It's supposed to fit over your existing counters and they cost less than regular granite, but I'm kind of weary?

BlessednHappy

Asked by BlessednHappy at 11:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• no, it's not tiled granite at all, it's more like a laminate, but it's real granite that fits over your existing counter top. I've seen them, but never had one or installed on personally. So i'm not really sure of the pros or cons of them. If you are looking for a quick cheap fix for selling your place, I'd say go for it, but be sure to talk to someone about installation if you are doing it by yourself. Otherwise I would hold out and just get new granite counter tops. It may be more, but the quality is probably worth it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• wouldn't that just be tiled granite? yes its cheaper, but you have grout lines, and its thinner, of course. if not..i have no idea what it would be.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2009