What did you think of Miss Arizona's answer?

video of it can be viewed here: http://www.twirlit.com/2009/04/22/miss-arizona-fails-healthcare-question/

Keenan Thompson asked if she believed universal health care should be the right of every American citizen. Miss Arizona said:

“You know what, I think this is an issue of integrity, regardless of which end of the political spectrum I stand on. I’ve been raised in a family to know right from wrong and politics whether or not you fall in the middle, the left or the right, its an issue of integrity…and I say that with the utmost conviction.”

I've heard people make comments on how Miss Cali answered her question (or really did not answer the actual question) but at least the other contestents answers related to their questions. I mean what kind of answer was this??? lol

So, what did you think of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL.... I can't watch the clip right now, but when I read her answer, I thought to myself "Huh? WTH was she talking about?" It is a very strange answer!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think she was under a whole hell of a lot of pressure.
    They all sound dumb...not just her.

I get flustered in uncomfortable situations all the time...I cannot imagine how horrifying it would be to be in front of the world trying to answer a question in front of a panel of judges.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think she didn't want to commit and just spewed some bs to get through it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• lol they showed that on the soup tonight too funny. To me it sounded like an answer she had rehearsed and I guess she though it applied IDK. Anyone know what place she ended up getting? 

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• that is so true Nathsktten! While I think the answers are sometimes funny or weird, I would probably do worse! There is no telling what I would say under those circumstances! (and then afterwards say to myself over and over, "WHY DID I SAY THAT?! I wish I said xyz")

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• LOL WTF is Keenan Thompson doing interviewing people? He's funny as hell.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• To equate politics and integrity seems very naive. Integrity and statesmanship, maybe. But politics? Never.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Miss California flubbed her answer but at least gave one at risk of offending those with a group think mentality. This person did not give an answer what a half wit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Does she think we need maps, too?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:28 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• LMAO NotPanicking!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 3:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2009