How do i do this again...

Im 25 almost 26 .. i stay home with my 2 and 3 year old..my husband works all the time and crazy hours so he isnt around much. I moved from Nevada to Oregon and met my husband 2 months after moving..we then left Oregon and came to Indiana.. I hate it here!!All of my friends and family are on the West Coast..but his job is here so we cant move.. I feel so alone..my husband is gone from 2pm-3:30am every day..when he is home he is sleeping or i am.. I dont know anyone here..we have been here going on 5 years..i have NO friends and no adult conversation unless i go to the store or something..and thats just not enough..im so depressed..and its starting to rub off on my kids..they love to be around other kids and people..but since i dont know anyone they dont either.. I dont know how to meet people..how to make friends.. Ive tried talking to moms at the park or library but its always kinda strange.. please help...

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 12:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel for ya. I travel alot and have found Indiana to be the worst state as far as meeting new people. Which town do you live in?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Are you in a church? A church group might help. But you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone to approach people.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I live about 40 miles north of Fort Wayne.. i would like to go to church but have no clue about how to go about it..i havent been to church since i was 14..I always feel like i am bothering people...i get really freaked out sometimes when im around new situations...and people....
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 12:19 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Your feeling alone and neglected with need of attention
    I had the same problem here it takes a while as they get older they will get invited to parties and games and you will start sociolizing more .But most of all enjoy your time with your kids and do things together they will be your best comfort cook together do laundry together they love that they feel they are big kids .Your actually very blessed that you can be a stay at home mom .On your DH days off im shur he is tired to go out so come up with things you guys can do together in the home like turning off the lights and playing hide and go seek .have flash lights .avail
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My husband is active duty AF so I know what you mean about moving a lot and leaving your friends. I've left so many friends and I get so sad when I have to leave. I met some people on Cafemom. Just do a search for moms near you and message them and just ask hey do you want to do a play date or just ask hey do you wanna go to a certain event. I know it's hard and it's kinda hard to put yourself out there, but the worst they could say is no. If your kids are in school, go to PTA meetings and try to meet other moms there. Go to meetups.com and find a hobby you have in common with other people. That's how my mom found her friends. I know it's hard but if you don't try then you might be missing out. Good luck.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 12:32 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You probly hold yourelf back from taking the sociolization even futher because your sad and you dont want to be there negativity may be doing it also
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Where in Indiana do you live? I'm right across the bridge in Louisville. Join a local group. Go to play groups for your kids It's a great way to meet like minded mothers.
    mandafacejones

Answer by mandafacejones at 1:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009