What is YOUR remedy for braxton hicks or painful kicks etc?

I'm 30 weeks pregnant with third baby boy. My last baby was 6 years ago, so I've forgotten a bit. I am pretty sure I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions because my stomach gets really hard but doesn't "hurt". And sometimes he gets in a certain spot that makes me light headed and feel like he's going to explode out of my belly. He's taken to pushing, too. I'd say kicking, but its not that...it feels like he puts his foot/elbow out and pushes really hard against me. I don't figure he's dropped yet and that's why I'm out of breath so often these days. What do you ladies to do make yourselves feel better when you're under attack? LOL

kbates1208

Asked by kbates1208 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The solution is to wait about 10 weeks, and by then they should go away... But seriously when you get the "contractions" try stretching backwards to give it more room, the same goes for the pushing. And I did push back when it felt like they were going to come out through my stomach. The more kids you have the worse the braxton hicks get. The post birth contractions also get worse the more kids you have.
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 1:37 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• When my my son would do that I would just press gently back. Lol.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• When you get the solution let me know!! im due June 22nd and Im getting the same thing! Braxton Hicks, pressure, back pain, and he tends to either push OUT or push UP and in the ribs!
    not many kicks- but SO much pressure! This is my 2nd, and i didnt get this kind of uncomfortable pressure till a week before he was due so this is odd for me!! Congrats and good luck!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 12:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• That all sounds very normal. Don't count on dropping at any given time. I didn't drop until my water broke. My ribs felt bruised for weeks toward the end, because he kept lodging his feet in them. Your uterus is going to contract; they're practice contractions, just getting ready to push out Baby when the time comes. If they're bothering you, have a glass of water and lay down, but if not, then don't worry too much about it. Just wait until the baby nuzzles your bladder. What fun! And to think I miss those kicks... =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't remember when my other boys dropped. I could tell when my first did, but my second was planned c-section so I didn't pay attention. He was breech and I knew I wouldn't be going into labor with him. I feel like a whale right now! I have gently pushed back, but I swear it ticks him off! LOL! He starts kicking like he's telling me to stop. I turn and try as I might, I cannot get comfortable anywhere. As for the bladder thing...I have to waddle as fast as I can when he gets anywhere near it. It feels like I'll pee all over myself sometimes. Oh I can't wait for him to get here!!!
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My due date can't get here fast enough right now! And just wait, I'll be back on here crying because I miss being pregnant. LMFAO
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You need to drink a few glasses of water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I've some times pushed back gently when one of the twins decides to "push" me. Although they've dropped (both of them...head down) so ouch....Its always a fun day when I get a foot shoved under my boobies and in my lungs. I've found the only remedy for that is lying on my back for about 10-15 minutes after a cold glass of water. They'll get really wiggly and usually adjust to a more comfy position for me. As far as BH, change of activity (and rest when you can) as long as lots of water. I'm drinking about 5-6 bottles or glasses a day and I take really frequent naps. I actually can go full days without noticing them unless I really focus.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• relax. drink plenty of water. lay down with your feet elevated. take a warm bath.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2009