If your house is a bit disorganized,(not for the anal moms) how long

does it take u to clean a bit when monster in law is coming???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well, I think it depends on the size of your house. When we lived in an apartment it might take a few hours. I live in a 3000 sq ft. house now, and it takes me 2 days.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• 2 hours tops.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I try to do a little bit of super-cleaning each day for the week prior to the visit. Sometimes I put it off until the last day and then I'm freaking out, trying to clean everything in one day, which I guess takes me anywhere from 3-6 hours, depending on what I have to do.

Sometimes I cheat and throw everything into a box and toss it in my closet to be sorted out later...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• 3 hours the most! I also take time outs in between!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My house is always a bit disorganized. I'm a sinle parent of a two year old, lol. When ex-monster in law comes over i just pick up the toys and run the vacuum. she usually makes some snide remark like "i see you didnt bother to clean up" but whatever.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My mil's house is messier than mine so I don;t do anything special when she comes over.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My house is never organized. I have three kids all under 5. Toys are thrown everywhere. Clothes are not where they are supposed to go. My son does thing I never read about in one of those "What to Expect..." books. We do clean the downstairs two or three times a day, but I stopped being so anal about messes. I figure when I am kid free, then I will have grandchildren to pick up where they left off. Don't worry, it will get cleaned up. Eventually.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I have 5 kids and live in a TEENY 3 bedroom house and work full time...... What do you think... Actually it isnt terrible. Someone wouldnt come in and be shocked, but it isnt spotless either. And my in laws rarely come and I wouldnt clean up on purpose if I knew they were coming. I like it if they dont like me, they dont come around as much...ohh, darn!
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 1:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• With my soon to be monster in law? It takes about 6 hours. She's a slob, but she thinks that we should have the perfect house. She's very judgemental.
    BabyMommy_3

Answer by BabyMommy_3 at 7:15 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My mother in law is Super! I don't worry much about her at all. BUT, when my mom comes over, which is once a year usually (she lives in Europe) that's when the house has to be spotless! She is a clean freak! When she was here last year, she woke up at 6 AM and started cleaning and cooking, and that's how it was every day of her visit. Damn, I miss her....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Apr. 25, 2009