does anyone sell avon???

if you do is it worth it? pro? cons? any info will be great. i am thinking about starting.

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 1:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I did, for about 5 years. I was a unit leader for awhile. Most campaigns I only made a few dollars in profit that I kept, most of the time I owed money. You have to make sure you buy a lot of brochures every 2 weeks (i would buy 500) and get them out. It's a lot of hard work and many times you hear people telling you they already have an Avon Lady or their sister sells or they sell themselves. On my street alone there are 5 reps. There are reps everywhere and that makes competition tough. Avon itself says that most reps leave in less than a year...that's because they don't make money at it. The only time I made decent money with it, and stayed with it as long as I did was because I was also my district leaders assistant and Avon sent me a paycheck every campaign for doing that! I'd say in the 5 years I was with Avon I probably MADE about $1,000 profit that I actually KEPT. Everything else went into books & samples
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• But if you have the ability to get lots of books out there, leave them in places like laundry mats and salons, host events like skin care or makeup "parties", get window decals for your car, basically live and breathe Avon you can do OK. If the goal is to pay bills or live off it, unless you do amazing in sales and recruit to make a large downline you won't really be able to do that most of the time.

I went wth Ambit Energy, where instead of trying to get people to buy something I help them save money on their existing Electricity and Gas bills. My customers save hundreds a year and that makes me happy. www.WNY.AmbitEnergy.biz
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I did, my mother has been with Avon almost 30 years so I thought it was a good company to get started with. It wasn't! IT was a waste of time. There are Avon Ladies on every corner and the products are everywhere. Plus, with the failing economy people aren't buying makeup and jewlery that they don't need... Plus they don't tell you about all the fees. It's only $20 to start but then you have to pay for all your samples and catalogs and what not... I prefer a company that is up front about what my overhead is.

My mother makes about $900 a month total from Avon right now. Only about $300 is from sales though. The rest is because she is one of out areas biggest recruiters... But that's after 30 years... I didn't have that time to build an income. I needed money today!

Now I'm with Ameriplan. I love it! It cost a little more up front but I make LOTS more than I would with Avon.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• There are tons of home based businesses out there, you just have to find the one that fits you. If you would like more infotmation about what I do visit www.DailyChecksAtHome.com and listen to the audio then if you like what you hear you can request your interview at www.Request-Interview.info and I'll contact you soon. I'm always available through CafeMom Too... PM me anytime!

ttys!
    Sabrina M Bowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My cousin sells Avon on and off, and I see her struggling with it. Plus, she has to deliver products to her customers, and a lot of time, by the time it's in, they've changed their mind and she has to give their money back AND is stuck with the product.
    I'm a consultant with DiamondCreek Candles, and one of the things I like best is that the catalog is online, so I'm never the middle man. You order from the site, and it's shipped to your house.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don' but might I share what I do...
    With Less then a week to go, I am offering a Free Pod Warmer to those that sign up this month.

Each month GC offers a different incentive to those looking into signing up. This month you can sign up with Gold Canyon for the cost of shipping your kit, $10 . If you are interested then PM me and I can send you some information along with a tealight sample. I can also be reached via email at rmcorns@gmail.com
    Have a look at my web site to view the products. I love this company, support, incentives, web site and your customers receive a monthly e-newsletter (small cost but has paid for itself over and over), weekley newsletters from corporate (GC is based out of Chandler, AZ) to help you promote your business.
    I would love to help you get started :)

Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• funny how all these girls cutting down avon end it with i sell this crap no one wants in real life why dont you sell it instead? come on no one buys candles in this economy. they do buy shampoo, deodorant, talc, cleansers, lotions etc that avon sells. my aunt sells it and makes about $1800 a month after costs. most of her customers buy on her website and get it shipped to them. she hardly delivers anything.
    Anonymous

• Again....another user bashing others and using the ANONYMOUS BUTTON! GROW UP! I happen to sell AVON AND CANDLES! And yes people do buy candles in this economy! And I agree w/ other posters about Avon's costs....I am about to give it up as well....I am not kidding there are at least 25 people in my very small town that sell it! I won't put anyone's business down....what works for one may not work for another.....If you are going to get on here and bash people you don't belong on here!
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 3:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If you are just looking to do catalog orders you could make a lot more money buy selling sunrise merchandise items. They have some wonderful items no starting cost but if you want to sell via catalog you have to order the catalogs.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I sell avon. I quit my job to do this full time. I hated working for somone else. You CAN make money with AVON. Yes you will put some effort into it. Yes there areareas that have alot of reps, but if you are persistent and consistent, offer great customer service, you can grow a business even in an area that seems to have too many reps.
    That being said, not all areas are flooded with reps. As for fees and paying for samples, there are no fees other than the $2.50 order processing fee each campaign. Any other fees can be avoided by ordering on time and paying on time. Samples are very reasonable. $1 for 10 fragrance samples. $1.50 for 10 skin care samples. No need to spend alot of money on things like that. Mostly its about getting books into the hands of people that want AVON. And no you really don't have to buy 500 books to do that. If you would like more info PM me or go to www.start.youravon.com use code TPAUL
    TheresaAvon

Answer by TheresaAvon at 8:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2009