What volume developer would I need to get my light brown hair to be light blond?

I just want a few streaks, but I want the blond to actually be blond instead of golden blonde. I have some warm hues to my hair, so I don't usually get the look I want.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You probably only need 20 vol. If your hair is hard to lift go 30. Also if it is gold just use a toner on it after you rinse the bleach out. Use a silver or ash toner
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 2:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think I'm going to go with 30. My hair is a level 5 (Light Brown), and I want it to be a level 8 (Light Blond).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i wouldnt go with a silver or ash toner actually, it might leave your hair looking green,instead go with a purple/blue toner. In fact redken has one called...platinum ice..and it leaves the hair gorgeous..no orange or brass tones left at all! I do hair for a living and i would definately try it if i were you
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I love the new Redken Titanium..
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 6:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I seen one called Clairol Champagne Ice at Sally's online. Is that a similar color to the Redken? They don't have the Redken.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2009