What would you/have you done if you know/knew that your child was being buillied at their school?

This question was sparked in my mind by the recent tragic story of the eleven year old boy that took his life alledgedly due to him being constantly bullied in school by his peers. For anyone who hasn't heard the story is that children constantly called this little boy gay and taunted him which eventually lead to his death. This question is not to debate what you think of this child's particular story but please tell me what you would do if something like this (bullying in general) was happening to YOUR child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I heard that story. I want to homeschool anyways, but I do npt tolerate bullying. If my child was in school I would take him out. Usually if it happens, the whole school, or class learns about it and won't let it go, kwim? that person unfortunately gets designated as the outcast. so sad :( so I would take my child out of that school.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I would be the school's worst nightmare. I would speak to the teachers and if they didn't do anything, I would go to the principal. If they didn't do anything, I would be at every meeting of the schoolboard. If they didn't do anything I would go to all of the local news sources and let them know the activity that goes on in the schools. I'd speak to other parents and get them involved.

I do NOT pay almost $200 per month in school tax for my children to get bullied in school. If teachers and schools cannot display proper discepline and order in their hallways and classrooms, they'll have hell to pay, I'll tell you that.

I was bullied 4th-6th grades and the teachers did NOTHING. My parents weren't pro-active enough about it and in turn I developed a nasty attitude and disrespect towards authority that took me YEARS to overcome.

From physical harm, I'd sue the bully's parents.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:31 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I have a 0 tolerance policy for violence both verbal and physical. People forget and do not realise how truly harmful and devestating it is. NO child should want to die because of relentless, ignorant children in school.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:32 AM on Apr. 25, 2009