What are my options and where do I go from here?

As you may or may not know, me and my hubby have been trying for quite some time. After over three yrs, I finally got up enough nerve to admit I might need help. I started seeing my doc in January. He put me on BC pills for a while to see if it would regulate my periods and help with some of the pain. Well it did not help not one bit. So I went back 3 months later and he decided to do some surgery. It was a hyster D&C, DX scope and Chromotubation, to check for endo, and scarring and make sure my tubes were not blocked. He found a little bit of endo, and removed it. He said he thinks the problem is just hormonal. i go back in 5 weeks, and I have no idea what my possibilities are. Does any one have any advice or suggestions?

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Make sure you are doing all you can to keep yourself healthy. Get moderate exercise. Try acupuncture to help get blood flowing in the reproductive area. Take supplements such as royal jelly (but not if you're allergic to bees), CoQ10, flaxseed oil during the follicular phase, eat pineapple after ovulation, etc.

Where you're at right now can be a little scary and stressful. Just take it one day at a time, and remember that every woman's infertility issues can be very different. I your day 3 labs were good (good estrodiol, good fsh, etc), and he's already done other basic hormone testing, such as thyroid levels, then try not to stress yourself more by guessing what the problem may be. Just focus on learning about your body, reading and getting support from others who have gone through the fertility clinic world. I highly suggest www.ivfconnections.com.

Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• did he do day 3 labs? how bout insulin resistance, thyroid, etc....
    i wish he would have given you more info as far as the hormonal thing goes
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 7:03 AM on Apr. 25, 2009