Sharp pains... ?

Quite often after waking up, when I try to sit up or roll over, I get a sharp pain in my lower sides.. like right between my waist and my hips. Sometimes I get the pains when sitting or sometimes just standing.The pain will last anywhere from a couple seconds to a couple minutes.. I feel kinda silly for asking but is this normal? Im only around 4 months and Im so afraid somethings going to go wrong..

Mansonfreak

Asked by Mansonfreak at 2:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• completely normal, phantom pains er something. I got them with my DD and everything was fine.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 2:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• There is nothing wrong, its just round ligament pains. It sounds so strange, but its normal. LOL. When you sit up from sleeping, take it slow. Same with getting up from sitting position. Twisting or turning does it too. Any sort of sudden movement can make you have those pains. Its like you have to be in slo-mo for most of your pregnancy or something is going to hurt! Google it and it'll tell you more about it. :)
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I had the same problem when I was around 5 months pregnant. The doctor told me its just the way the baby is laying, and she often put her foot in my ribs!
    BrittneyElaine

Answer by BrittneyElaine at 2:34 AM on Apr. 25, 2009