Money spells?

Ok, I've read mixed things about them. Some say they're perfectly fine, others say they are awful. But what if you're doing all you can to make ends meet, and one month you risk losing everything because you just don't have the money because of poor hours at work or something that month? Is it ever ok to do a money spell? Even if you're in extreme circumstances and have done everything else possible (working, selling things/pawning things, etc.), is it wrong to do one?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can do a new moon abundance check. I haven't always put money however, on those checks. I ask for an abundance of blessings. That may be food, time spent with my children, etc...whatever I envision as part of my blessings.

I have also done it for money as well. And I have gone without an empty purse, that doesn't mean i've never been broke, but my NEEDS, not my wants have been provided for. There's always some change in it.

Also, I carry aventurine which i cleansed, charged and place in the sun and keep it in my purse with me at all times. Occasionally taking it out and repeating the process once a month.

I think too, that if you give your needs out to the Goddess/God/Universe and let it go, you will be surprised on how not dwelling on money issues will help solve them as well. It's important to make sure you correlate between a true need and a want when asking for money to be provided to you. Hope this helps
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I'd like to know the same thing!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Oh, and I forgot to add before, I'm not talking about trying to "get rich" or anything like that. I just mean asking for help in getting the money you need to make ends meet in a sort of emergency situation or when money is so tight you're afraid to eat because you're afraid you won't have enough money to buy your kid something he/she needs, or make a payment (like utilities, car insurance, etc.). I'm not talking about large sums of money, just in cases where you are out of options for where to get money to make your payments for a month or week or something.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:44 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't know. To me, a 'money spell' seems...well, superficial, for lack of a better word to use this late...

I, personally, would focus on bettering/enhancing myself and my actions in order to bring abundance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Read the question and the second comment more carefully. I'm not talking about gaining a bunch of money or something, I'm asking about finding a way to make ends meet in a sort of emergency situation where you've exhausted all other options that you've been able to think of to keep from losing something in a particular situation.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Hmm well I don't believe in the power of spells any more than I believe in the power of prayer but let's say for arguments sake that they do work.  I have to tell you that the first thought that went through my mind was the Monkey's Paw.  Do you remember that story?  If you do a spell for money and it works, where will the money come from?  What if it comes in the form of inheritance from the death of a loved one?

Sorry Mrs Bat, I watch the Space channel too much.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think if your just casting to win the lotto or something it might be impossible to succeed. However if your casting for prosperity or a way out of your current situation it may not come in the form of money. Perhaps you will learn of a program to help with debt management or a friend offers their assistance. Its all in how you word it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:44 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• no because it will come back to 3 times worse
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My thought is that if your in need and you intentions in doing th spell are for bringing a positive change and you'll be putting positive energy into the spell so you won't be putting anything negative out to come back 3 fold. So I say go for it but do your homework first and do it right so it can be more effective. And the results may not be a sum of cash coming to you (although who couldn't use that right about now) it maybe more hours at work or a deserved raise. Because you never can get something for nothing. Good Luck.
    Lacymarie

Answer by Lacymarie at 10:32 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You must make moral decisions based on your own beliefs. Many witches do money or prosperity spells, some feel that asking for things form themselves is not good. If you are not asking for other people to lose out so you can gain money is it hurting anything? Money is a necessity in our society. Frankly I think that working magic is simply understanding the universe we live in & living accordingly. Why is it bad to work for something for yourself? Isn't that what you are doing when you go to work? Most of us don't work in charitable organizations, so the work is really about us getting what we need. Is magic really so different that we must use it outside of the norms of how we live our lives? That said magic is like the other things we do also in that we have to consider the consequences. As with all magic you must be thoughtful & always watch that you are harming none, unless that is part of your goal.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 25, 2009