• In the Spotlight:

constipation. . .. . .tmi

i'm still in my first trimester, and i have never had this problem. . . .lol

what can i take that will help 'nicely' lol I don't need to be sittin on the pot screaming in pain from it hurtin me.

sorry. . lol like I said, never had this issue. . ..

Thanks :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First thing is to up your water intake to as much as you can drink. If that doesn't help, try a glass of apple juice straight.
    Try to walk a little more. Exercise can help 'loosen' things up and push it out.
    If it's REALLY bad, you can do Glycerin suppositories. Just make sure they are glycerin and no other active ingredients. (It just smooths the way)
    For maintenance, tons of water. Cut out juices, sodas, tea, etc except occasionally. Just run around with a bottle of water all the time and take small sips when you remember. The summer months are coming up so you'll need all the extra fluid you can get.
    Fiber is a good thing as well, if you have a hard time eating food w/ lots of fiber, you can use a powdered supplement and mix it with your meals or drinks. I prefer meals b/c powder in my water is just wrong.
    Here's a good link:
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/constipation.html
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 8:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• lost of fiber. it will happen lol just wait.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If you gotta poo but can't get it out, you can always use a bit of petroleum jelly. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Whole Grain Pop Tarts Seriously I cannot stress that enough. I've never been regular whatsoever, and I tried everything from oatmeal every morning, to activia, to a fiber supplement and nothing helped. Then my sister told me to eat a whole grain pop tart every morning, so to prove her wrong I did, not even 2 days later it helped. I went from going 3 times a week to going everyday! haha. Good luck!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2009