No Energy During the Day.. Wired at Night (also in health section)

I know my sleep schedule is off.. WAY off. Since I was pregnant I've had to sleep 12 hours or more to feel rested and being a new mom.. that just doesn't happen! I need to fix this badly but I know it can't be done overnight. Anyone else have a similar problem? How'd you get through it?

Oh and to answer medical questions.. I brought it up to my doc and she said it's nothing to worry about.. all blood tests came back normal :/ So I'm at a loss!

alinker

Asked by alinker at 2:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are just so busy to the day to whereas when night time comes and all is calm you finally have the time to relax and being relaxed makes you more awake and open. I too have a bad problem with sleeping during the night...if I am exhausted I still manage to stay up. Just try to balance things out. Make a schedule for you and the people in your family as much as you can and try to follow it closely and you should be able to be sleepy come bed time GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• This is EXACTLY my problem. I need like 10-11 hours of sleep now which is impossible.. and I never needed that much sleep before. I'm tired all day.. nothing helps.. cofee energy drinks.. nothing works. Then at night I'm WIDE awake. It sucks. And I'll lay in bed for at least 45 minutes.. sometimes hours trying to fall asleep. I literally have to tell myself a story in my head just to stop thinking about random crap (the chores that need to be done, things we need from the store, something someone said to me, etc). I just don't get it. Why is this happening to me?!?

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 4:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2009