Any Mom's on here going back to school through University of Phoenix (Axia College)?

I've been taking on-line classes through this school for a year now. I was interested in seeing if anyone else on here was going to the same school..and if so..how they like it.

Urthangel

Asked by Urthangel at 2:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Two things- One is there's a group on CM for moms attending UoP (http://www.cafemom.com/group/12433/). The other things is...

I was attending UoP until someone told me that it wasn't an actually College and that other schools wouldn't accept a transfer from UoP. So I called 5 colleges (3 in Utah- where I live) and two in Washington. Only one of the colleges accepted a "full" transfer of credits from UoP. There was another one that said they might be able to accept a course or two from UoP and the rest said absolutely not. It wouldn't count. Also I called a few local businesses and asked them if they'd accept a degree from UoP and they all said no.

So call around before you get to far into your degree. Also online courses are very very common now. They might not have been a year or two ago, but you can now get a bachelors degree from doing 100% online courses from a local college. Plus it's cheaper. Call and ask...
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You should avoid for-profit school. Most community colleges and state universities offer online classes, and will be accredited programs.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I went there for one class. and I realized how expensive they are. They are not worth the student debt. By the time I would've finished, I would have $40k in debt. Crazy.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thanks for all the info. I will have to check out everything a bit more. The school is very expensive, but I was under the impression that it was accredited. I'll post on here when I learn some new information.

Thanks again,
    Kristi
    Urthangel

Answer by Urthangel at 2:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• briefcaseHi, my name is Traci.  I am currently attending Phoenix University.  I've had no issues, but I live in OH.  I have been taking classes for a year now...a few months I'll have my associates degree.  I plan on continuing for my BA in Human Resource.

~Traci

Traci1993

Answer by Traci1993 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I started at the UOP a couple months before I got pregnant. I love it!!! It's so much better than a traditional college. I love going to class from home!!!
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009