PPD

I have recently developed post partum depression. Can anyone share their experiances so i dont feel alone? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Health

• im so sorry honey! i too had PPD and prozac saved my life. i lost MANY friends and almost ruined my marriage because of it! i was an emotional wreck i would just cry and cry because my son had colic and he would cry for no apparent reason and i couldnt make it better.... it was heartbreaking! please get help if you can! im on prozac now and i feel 100% better and i dont plan to stop taking it anytime soon!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Of course hun! I got PPD too all the way up until my son was about six months. He was a preemee and was in the hospital in the NICU so it was really hard to cope, then just getting into the swing and a LOT of family drama bogged me down not to mention no friends! Talking it out is the best thing I would suggest a counselor! GL...message me if you need a friend I am always free to help
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• my doc just prescribed me zolof so i am hoping that helps me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i personally didnt but my older sister did with her first. she was 16 and i was 12 and me, her and her son were all living at home with our mom and dad and i saw a lot. she was very depressed, and even tried to kill herself. i dont know what she was prescribed but it seemed to work because 3 months after she came home from the hospital she was a new person. im just glad you understand that you have PPD, because no one in my family caught on until it was too late
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2009