Potty training for 22 month old... HELP?

I am trying to train my little girl how to potty in the potty chair and she sits in the bathroom for a long time but she will not use the chair! Any suggestions?

Dilynnward

Asked by Dilynnward at 4:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go to pottytraining.com They say that they can potty train any child in 3 days. I would have tried it myself but i dont have much money right now. Not sure what it costs.
    Sara722

Answer by Sara722 at 4:28 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Do you think she NEEDS to be potty trained? Twenty two months is quite young. Its possible or likely that shes not ready and you need to relax. Give her some more time to just be a baby. She will get it eventually.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Seriously. WAIT UNTIL SHE WANTS TO USE THE POTTY! 

Trust me.  I tried to train my son before he was ready.  It was pointless.  All it did was stress BOTH of us out.  Then one day (right after he turned 3) he came up to me with a pair of underwear and said "I wanna go potty." 

Potty training is a breeze when your toddler is actually INTERESTED.  What you can work on NOW is getting your daughter interested... get some fun books or movies about using the potty.  set the potty chair in her room so she can explore it.  But don't try to make her sit there forever... she'll get fed up real quick.

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2009