What are some fun things you do for you kids to help make them feel special?

I want my kids to feel special and do little fun things for them. For example, my son is in kindergarden and I try to put festive napkins in his lunch box occassionally. What other little things do you do for kids that just show them you care about them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I told them I love them. How more special is that.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Same as first poster, tell my kids I love them. Also for little extras, when I have spending money, will get them a treat or toy/book of their choice.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Praise them for thier good bahavior, have lunch at school with them, volunteer at school or sports, spend time with each kid alone (make a day out of it, like a date), play a board game, play with them at the park (don't just sit and watch them play), do things with your kids that they enjoy
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I will whisper in thier ear that they are my favourit______. DD's ninkname is GooBear so I'll whisper you're my favourite goobear. They all have thier own nickname & love to hear it randomly. When they ask to do something out of the ordinary and it's possible I agree that that would be fun and we do it. I asked ds to go to the pantry the other day to pick a soup for lunch, he came back with oatmeal instead. So we had oatmeal for lunch. DD asked if she could have a sleep over in her brothers room so we put her mattress under his loft bed and they slept in bunk beds. They love when we aknowledge thier ideas.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I love to surprise them with a special day alone with me and either take them shopping for an outfit or take them for a haircut. Then we go get some coffee or an icecream and chat.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I actually have a box in my closet full of stupid little treats, cookies, random cheap little toys, special arts & crafts projects. When she's been super good & or is feeling blue (we are pretty isolated at the moment without much to do) I pull out the box & suprise her with something in it. To me telling my baby that I love her isn't something special, it's an everyday part of life, as well as praising her for good behaivor, that's not really special, it's something we do all the time....
    MamaApio

Answer by MamaApio at 11:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I give him nuddy buddy icecream when his dad tells him no. We say we are going for a wagon ride, i push him around the block and he gets to eat his icecream. He's 3. It's our secret! LOL (I eat one too!)
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Right now, I am pregnant with my first, but I always remember my mom leaving little I Love You or Have a Wonderful Day notes in my lunch. Even if I wasn't having an especially happy day, I always was so excited to get to lunch time. Her notes would just cheer me up! Also, my mom took a lot of time doing crafty things with us..painting pumpkins, tye-dying, easter eggs, or just coloring and drawing....the time spent with her and the knowledge we walked away with always made me feel special!!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2009