Any ideas on potty training?

My daughter will be 3 in May and does not want to wear big girl panties...how do I get her to use the toilet and get out of diapers???

LillyMommy

Asked by LillyMommy at 6:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son is not to the potty training stage yet but everyone i've talked to about it says just wait until they're ready.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 7:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Is she wearing diapers that she likes the design/character on? My DD had a few accident's at church in the nursery one sunday after she had been potty trained for some time. She had gone through all her changes of clothes so they put her in one of the dresses they had there and a pull up. Unfortunately for her it was lightning mcqueen. She's very much a girly girl and was devastated to be wearing something for boys. After that we'd say that if she wasen't going to go to the toilet then she would have to wear a pull up and we'd show her a boy one. Not sure if this will work with your little one but it's worth a try.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My son is 2 1/2 and has been potty trained since he was 2 except for night time which will come in time. But the way we did it is we used a reward system. He likes dollar bills so every time he went potty at first he got a dollar for pooping and a quarter for peeing in the potty. It worked awesome. So I suggest finding something your child really likes and using it as a reward system. However never take rewards away for accidents they will happen and you don't have to make it a punishment.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My daughter was 2 1/2 and did it on her own. So give her some time she will do it when she is ready. Rushing her will only stress you both.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• at two we started potty training with my boy at first it was fun, then he refused to use the potty so i gave him a few months and then took away his pul-ups made him only wear undies he had a couple accidents in public and got really embarrassed but i tried to be understanding about (don't get mad-that makes it worse) and told him it was okay but that next he needed to try to tell me he had to go tohe bathroom now he does really well and almost never has accidents
    Anonymous

• I agree with Haven, your child will begin potty training when they are ready. All I would say is to have rewards set up in advance and ready to use. I wouldnt push it. I had the rewards out for my daughter to see. She just decided that she wanted to go potty and wear panties and off we went with potty training.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i always used m&ms, 1 for pee 2 for poo, it worked really good
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 4:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2009