Am I too old to have another baby?

My hubby and I started dating when I was 16 and he was 26 ...now we are 40 and 50 respectively....
We waited to have kids so our children are 2, 4, and 6...
Are we too old to have another baby????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you mean biologically old? If so, then no you are not. It may take longer to get pregnant now that you are 40. and the chances of a Down's Syndrome baby increases now. So does the chance of twins. Here is what you should ask yourselves. Do you want to be paying college tution until hubby is 72? If you have the stamina to deal with 4 young adults in your 60s and 70s then go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Hey Mama, I had my son when I was 41 and hubby was 53. No, you aren't too old at all. People try to make us the grandparents but we correct them. If you want another, go for it!
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 7:03 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• my goodness...your ovaries probably look better than mine and im 26 next month...they say if you got it...flaunt it right? get busy lol
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 7:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You're not too old. There is some evidence of a higher risk of autism with older men's sperm to be aware of along with the risks of disabilities from older eggs.

Personally, I'm hoping to have one more when my twins start kindergarten. That would put me at 42....
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• NOt at all!!!!!
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I admire older moms! My mom's best friend was 46 when she decided she wants another baby! And the baby is perfectly healthy, so is she! I guess it all depends, but I don't think you're too old! Older moms look soo good, and wise! I want to have a baby when I'm going to be in my 40s LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Not at all, I'm pregnant right now with my 4th and I'll be 36 when I give birth. Go for it!
    hatcherbee

Answer by hatcherbee at 8:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Not at all! I was 35 when I had my FIRST! I am 40 now and ifno for fertility issues I'd be having another.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 8:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• No! I know lots of people who have kids in thier 40's.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• no my Aunt had the last of her 8 kids when she was 45
    mackk

Answer by mackk at 8:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2009