Would you?

My son seems to be comfortable sleeping on his boppy pillow...on his back of course. Would you let him sleep at night on it? We think he might have reflux, and the poor kid has troubles sleeping flat on his back at night. We have tried the wedge under his crib matress, but it doesn't seem to help.

RoseLAnderson

Asked by RoseLAnderson at 6:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i do this with my son. i didn't do this until he could roll over though.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 6:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• yup - if it helps him sleep
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• There is a warning about not doing that on the pillow, but that may just be for legal reasons. How old is your son? Can he roll over on his own? I might try to put his baby swing in my room and let him sleep in that. Also, if his crib is in your room you can keep a closer watch on him. He'll probably be fine though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I've definitely heard of people doing it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Both of my kids slept in theirs at night. My ped was just fine with it too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I did it for naps, but not for bed time. I'd be too worried about suffocation.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My daughter has reflux and slept on her boppy for about 6 months. Sometimes when she was tiny, i would let her sleep in her car seat (rec by her DR.) Anyway, this prevented her from spitting up and gagging. I always kept a close eye on her and never had a problem....
    tazcentral

Answer by tazcentral at 11:44 AM on Apr. 25, 2009