giving your one year old milk

who do I do the transfer to formula to whole milk

Ange518

Asked by Ange518 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my 3 - I just did it. Did not really think about it. Maybe thats part of reason it was no problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• same here just did it, and son took right to it.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I just did it too. I did have problems with my oldest not liking a sippy cup so for the first week or two I put it in a bottle, then she got use to the milk and went on to like the sippy cup. Good luck!
    two_princesses

Answer by two_princesses at 8:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• At 11 months, I started mixing formula with whole milk. None of mine had a problem, and by the time the last can of formula was gone, they were drinking milk.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Babies don't need milk. If you are concerned about calcium, you will find excellent information here: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/strong_bones.html
    If you would like to learn why cow milk is not the wholesome food the dairy industry would like you to believe, read this: www.notmilk.com/lawbreakers.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I forgot to add that they need to drink water (you too, mom, at least 8 8oz glasses a day)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• we did a straight switch. Once formula ran out, all dd had was milk. no mixing. She had no problems. If your child fights try mixing and weaning onto the milk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yeah agree with the PP. My son is 3 and hes hasn't ever drank milk. After formula he wouldnt have anything to do with it. He still won't drink it. I don't let my kids drink milk out of the cup. THey can put it on their cereal or use it to cook, but no drinking. Its horrible for them. Its just filled with too many hormones and my tween is allergic to it. It constipates her. So we use very little milk.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You want to watch out for the allegry reaction. Try just 4 oz of milk and wait , if no diarrhea, rash or anything usual. You can give him more.

My older son has no problem on formula to diary milk.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I'm going to do the change 1oz at a time starting at 11 months. We are leaving the country 2 days after dd turns 1, so I want to make sure she is completely adjusted by the time we leave. I will probably do 1oz per bottle for the first week, then 2oz the second week, 3oz half of the 3rd week, 4oz, second half of the 3rd week and over to 6oz the 4th week. Another thing that I am doing right now, is trying to very slowly make her bottle a little colder and I want her to be used to a cold bottle which may also make the transition easier for baby's tummy.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2009