Soon Divorced mother has work question

Ok I am going to get a divorce soon, I am also a nanny trying to find new families. Unfortunately have to go out of town for 4 days week as a live in temp; month or two; with my daughter. I have had issues with my soon to be X with threats, now with knowing that I have this family, he demands to know the exact address of where we will stay. I will be WITH a single parent and to give her address to me is not good. I want that person not to be feared in anyway for her safety or her daughter's. I'm sure she would find someone else. Do you think its ok to give cross roads if he is soo demanding of an address? Really need your reply on this. If you can please email me at windy_goekler@yahoo.com. He is saying that he is going to throw a wrench in the divorce if I go with this family. What rights do I have for the protection of the families I work for? With the fact that I have my daughter he thinks he has that right to kno

katiesmommy0919

Asked by katiesmommy0919 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• your soon to be x sounds like a real freak! Have you went and gotten full custody of your daughter? he hes threating you, then it would be best to do that if you haven't yet.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• first thing, i would get a temp custody order through court, next, you need to check out your states laws regarding what u have to tell him. Why does he dislike this family sooooo much? is he controling? abusive? if so you may have more legal ground to stand on regarding your disclosure of this info to him
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I have full custody of my daughter... He has his visitations
    katiesmommy0919

Answer by katiesmommy0919 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• He doesn't dislike this family so much I think with the fact of the divorce, he is losing his "control" so he wants it back and thinks that since Katie is his daughter he needs to know where she will be at all times... Sorry but I need to draw the line. I believe in privacy of families I work for. I'm sure if they knew what he was like they would not hire me... If they knew he had to know where they lived they would not hire me for the safety of their families
    katiesmommy0919

Answer by katiesmommy0919 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't know if it applies where you live, but I know where I am I do not have to give my ex my address. All he has to have is a way to contact me, which he does: I have an e-mail address that is solely for communication with him, and he has my parents phone number and address, to call me or to mail me any legal paperwork, etc. I have to make the kids available for his visitation (that he never uses), we agreed on my parents house and we are there so he can see them, even though he never shows. I would think, depending on the laws in your state, that that would be enough. If he has a way to contact you, and you make sure his daughter is available to see him at the scheduled times, that should be all he needs. You can check with a lawyer, too. All I had to do was explain to the judge his past and that this was why I did not want him to know where I lived, and she was fine with it. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:34 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You should ask a domestic violence shelter lawyer

Answer by admckenzie at 9:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• he is going to take you to the court if you doesn't give him the address , though you can tell the judge that he threats to do thing on you or your daughter. The tough thins is he has the right to know where his daughter stays.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2009