DNA testing and Child Support in Missouri

My ex requested a DNA test when I filed for child support. How long does it usually take to get the test results back and how soon after the results come in does child support usually start?

I am 100% certain of the test showing that he is the father of our son. I had not been with another man until we split up in Dec. He is just doing this to be a jerk and slow down the whole process.(I filed for support in Jan. , DNA test scheduled for May 12.)

Twizlr

Asked by Twizlr at 9:01 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Here the guy has to pay for the test if it comes back he is the dad. We took the test, got results in about 4 weeks, and had the court hearing 2 weeks after that, and started getting the checks on his next payday afterwards. But you will be getting back pay too for a while, like whatever you are awarded, plus an extra $50-75 a month untill paid up. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It should only take a couple of weeks after the testing is done.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• about 7-14 days. he may be slowing down the process, but it wont stop it. its good to have the test done that way there is absolutly NO confusion later on. so be patient and dont worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Nice guy. Insist he pay for the test. Once paternity is proven, stick it to him for child support and request it automatically be taken from his paycheck.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2009