Have you ever...

I saw an ex of mine last night who I dated for a few months 5 or so years ago. Nothing was wrong in our relationship, I think it was just me being young and stupid and looking for a "bad boy" which this guy wasnt one bit. He was also planning on heading to the Navy later on that year, and that sort of scared me off a bit..
Anyway- I saw him last night and it was like HS all over again.. flirting, touching and all that. He kissed me goodbye and it just felt right. I know that may sound corny, but whatever.. He almost seems too good to be true. Hes in the Navy, going to open up his own business when hes done next year. He has goals, ambitions, good looks, sincere.. I just kept asking myself "WHY did I leave him? Hes everything I couldve ever asked for in a guy. I want to have what we had 5 years ago back.

Have you ever dated somebody in your past, broke up, then years later got back together? How was it the second time around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• What the heck...and why NOT! absolutely! Your not marrying the guy, your just test driving the relatiuonship...if it works out the great for the both of you. He seems to be interested still....but remember YOU were the one who was looking for the "bad boy" effect and this one didnt have it so make sure that your not just playing around again and your not going to get bored and hurt him when the "bad boy" surfaces ......it not just about you, its also about him....dont hurt him just because he still cares....other than that, why not......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• terrible. the honeymoon phase ended and i remembered why i left him in the first place
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• But our relationship had nothing wrong with it. I was scared off by him telling me he was joining the Navy and I was also young and stupid looking for bad boys.. im not that way anymore. Ive always regretted leaving him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• So do you think that itd be a good idea to pursue a relationship with him when he gets back?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I did and it didn't work out. We both were different ppl by the time we hooked back up. However, you could go slow and give it a try and see where it goes. The worst that could happen is that you become great and long lasting friends.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Thanks, yeah hes definitely a great guy and we remained friends after we broke up.. <33 So I guess theres really nothing to lose!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• People change... I'd definetely give it another try if you're both still single and okay with each other's children (if he has any).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Oh no- after my last relationship with my childrens father, ive realized the "bad boy" image is exactly what i DONT want..

thanks for the responses ladies.. he makes me feel like a little kid on christmas morning!! hehe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes 16 years ago and got back together for a year and been married for almost 5 years.we have a 4 year old together and he treats the other three like they are his
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 10:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2009