Questions for Christians only?

Can you quit trying to convert people to your religion? Can you quit trying to claim JESUS CHRIST loves everyone? And can you realize not everyone is as gullable or ignorant enough to believe the myths you do and surround their lives around a book?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry you feel that way, and if you had a bad experience with someone who could of caused you to feel this way. I don't try and convert anyone to become a Christian, will live to be example of what I believe in God, and the bible. It is ultimately a person's choice on what they choose to believe or not to believe, and where they choose to spend eternity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I am not Christian and I find this line of "questions" rude and unnecessary.  Just because you do not believe as they do does not mean that they are ignorant or gullible.

They say Christ loves everyone because that is their belief.   Why is it okay for you to state your beliefs and it is not okay for them to state theirs?  While there are many on here who are rude, attempt to belittle other belief systems they are not the whole.  They are a bad representation of the Christian faith just as you are a bad representation of your beliefs or lack of because of your behavior in this post.

One can only be converted if they allow themselves to be converted.  Discussing and expressing ones beliefs is not an attempt to convert.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• YOu just did the same thing that you asked the christian mom not to do. Whats up with this uber sensitive pedestal that everyone sits on over looking all the people of other faiths waiting for them to say something we can pounce on ? Are we SO insecure that we just can't let people say what they want without us jumping in and insulting them? If you are not capable of being converted, or don't want to be, then please just skip over the question or politely say...hey, I am secure in what I believe, but thanks anyway. Anyone who lashes out at other faiths because of WHAT they believe has to have some level of insecurity in their own faith or it wouldnt bug them so much. I have never tried to "convert" my non christian friends. I do see them as friends, because I have no personal aught with them. I guess I am gullible enough to believe that God loves me and yes I am ignorant enough to follow his Word. Simple as that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• thanks anetrnlov.....you said what I was trying to say but in a much more tactful way. Thank you
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I'm sorry that you feel like you need to classify every christian together. I don't classify every non-christian together.
    As to the questions you asked
    1 I haven't tried to convert ANYONE to christianity
    2 Jesus does love everyone, even if they do not believe
    3 Everyone believes what they want to believe. That does not necessarily make them gullable or ignorant.
    Now, here's some for you. What do you believe in? Why would you hate on someone who loves Jesus? Jesus doesn't want christians to hate on you. And lastly, if you spend your life on earth, living as a christian, what harm does that do to you or anyone else? If you die and there is no Jesus, God, or heaven, then you're no worse off (but you've left others better off for your love and compassion during life). If you die and you find out Jesus is real, you could be welcomed into heaven and be spared hell for all eternity.
    On a side note, why did you post anon?
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:28 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• No problem momofsaee. :-)
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• WTF is wrong with everyone lately?  Is it Spring, fertility maybe?  Everyone running on high octane estrogen?

Seriously, this isn't helping!  Please OP ask cafemom to delete this post.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:32 AM on Apr. 25, 2009