remedies

anyone have any remedies to treat the symptoms of a cold? ive been sneezing and coughing so much that my stomach aches like my abs, my nose is all red, ive been taking nasal decongestants, but nothing helps! im going nuts, and i cant take anything that makes me drowsy, cause im home alone all day with the lo, and ya know, so anyone? any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Health

• High intake of Vitamin C 1000 to 1500 mg a day. Lots of rest. Tylenol Cold or DayQuil (Non Drowsey) have helped me in the past.
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 11:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• thanks, ive been taking the vitamin c pills and living on orange juice, and hot coffee to help keep the air ways clear. . . makes me cough the crap up! and ill have to get cold medicine.....thanks again
    Anonymous

• You may have some basic spring allergies; many people are helped by eating local honey, something about the pollen in the honey.
    Peppermint is a natural decongestant; drink peppermint tea, chew peppermint gum, suck on altoids.
    Take a couple of tablespoons of honey and add a tablespoon of cayenne pepper; take honey is anti-bacterial and cayenne is anti-inflammatory.Take small sips every few minutes.
    Zinc lozenges will also soothe your sore throat and help rebuild your immune system.
    Steam will help you get rid of the gunk; turn on the hot water in a sink and cover your head and the sink with a towel.
    Stay away from dairy; dairy is mucus producing and will only prolong this.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i went to the er cause i was having trouble breathing, i was having an asthma attack, and everything was caused from my allergies, but i have never had an allgery reaction as bad as this one. it was crazy, but i did just move and there is alot more pollen in the air which im really allergic to and cut grass and all my neighbors cut their grass this week, so yeah, but i got an inhaler and i feel so much better now , thanks ladies!
    Anonymous